At last, the final in my series : My Ultimate Packing List - featuring Clothing.
1. Cotton tees
3. Cargo long pants - for the outward and return flights
4. Cargo shorts or denim skirt - depends on destination
4. Old, faithful comfy tee and shorts - for sleeping
5. Towel - medium thickness
6. Sarong - doubles up as a 'beach/floor mat', extra 'blanket', or pillow 'cover'
8. Socks - in case it gets too cold at night
2. Light loose tee
Jungle / Trekking List:
1. Leech socks
2. Extra socks
The length of the travels determines how many tees and shorts I'd be packing. I normally bring 4 tees, 2 shorts for a 3-4 day trip. I can't remember the last time I wore my jeans on trips. Too heavy, and too hot to wear in our climate.
Rolling them up into swiss roll-like shapes is the best way to maximise space. Tried and tested. And apparently least crinkly. Undies are kept in a separate cotton string bag for easy retrieval.
I'm also thinking to be on a lookout for those lightweight, super absorbent, quick-drying, travel towels next time; don't think I can find it here in KK. Ah, so my shopping is not yet complete.
I want to buy:
1. Adidas kampung - Recommended footwear for jungle trekking. Won't break the bank :)
2. Leech socks - after my pacat incident, I want to invest in something like these.
3. The abovementioned travel towel. Only if the price is reasonable.
4. Combination locks - at least 2.
5. Wide brimmed bush hat - coz it provides better coverage than a cap. And it's foldable.
I promise myself I won't splurge. In fact, I'll be frugal - so if anyone knows where I can get a good deal, please give a shout.