Friday, January 29, 2010

Movie Marathon : January 2010

Last weekend I decided to treat myself to a DVD/movie marathon and watched these:

Post Grad, starring Alexis Bledel. Cute lightweight rom-com.

Up In The Air, starring George Clooney. My favourite in this batch. I like movies with background narratives.

The Men Who Stare At Goats, starring George Clooney, Ewan Mc Gregor, Jeff Bridges, Kevin Spacey. Clooney playing a loony character.

The Invention of Lying, starring Ricky Gervais and Jennifer Garner. This was silly funny with some genuinely funny moments.

The Blind Side, starring Sandra Bullock, Tim Mc Graw (yes, the country singer). Their son in the movie, SJ is soooo cute and funny! A close favourite.

Brothers, starring Toby McGuire, Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal. Very strong performances from these three young accomplished actors, a bit on heavy on the drama, plods slowly but surely.

All were thoroughly enjoyable, especially Up In The Air and The Blind Side. George Clooney is smooth as usual, and it was very refreshing to see Sandra Bullock in a strong, no-nonsense role.

Next, I am looking for/waiting for : Adam, Crazy Heart, Fantastic Mr Fox, Notes On A Scandal, Julie & Julia.

I'll try to watch a movie in the cineplex this week; nope, sorry no Avatar 3D for me, I'm not persuaded at all. Not yet maybe, as I try to keep an open mind. Tried to connect with the trailer sadly I cannot myself imagine sitting down and watching it for almost 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment