Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Merdeka v. 53

Selamat Menyambut Hari Kemerdekaan to all Malaysians!

Image source : here

I'd like to share what I call my lagu-lagu semangat; they are not your typical patriotic songs, but whenever I listen to them I feel ... the semangat :)

Faizal Tahir - Gemuruh. I first heard it as the theme song to a singing reality show. Then I read somewhere that this was written with the Angkasawan project in mind.

Ella - Standing In The Eyes of The World. Theme song for the 1998 Kuala Lumpur Commonwealth Games. I think, sadly, that was the year when we Malaysians were very much happier and spirits were at an all-time high. I loved the Raise Your Flag campaign.

Ella - Gemilang. I love the chorus here, very sing-a-long and lighters alight kind of vibe. Lagu wajib during motivation training.

The next two weeks will see us enjoying lots of Public Holidays - happy people we are!

Videos : all from Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment