Friday, December 11, 2009

Looking Out and Looking Back

When flying I actually prefer to have an aisle seat.

Why? Because I do not like to disturb other passengers to go to the washroom, and aisle seats are less claustrophobic. I like my own personal space, as much as possible. Short flights are not too bad, they are bearable, anything over an hour is kind of restrictive for me. So thank God for books and other things to read.

Anyway, I have booked Air Asia's hot seat only once ever (cheapskate? Yes, I am sticking to a budget). The rest of the time I just hope I'll get a whole row to myself :P.

On some lucky days I got window seats, and got to admire white fluffy cotton candy clouds and awesome views like these :

To Langkawi.

To Bario. I cannot remember the name of those twin peaks.

Mount Kinabalu - on the early morning flight to Sandakan. The pilot always announces this and I never fail to be in awe.


Somewhere over Baram.

Looking back on the year, I am happy that all my travel plans materialised, except for one, plus I enjoyed a few unplanned trips as well.

I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get tired of travelling one day. The airport and the departure lounge are beginning to feel strangely familiar. And I don't even flip much when the flight is retimed or delayed. I'm getting better at travelling light, and reading maps. My pair of brown selipar is well-travelled; happily worn out.

Hmm. I think the approaching year-end is making me a little bit sentimental.

Can't wait for 2010!

2 comments:

  1. It all depends on the aircraft type and length of travel for me - if it's three seats abreast, I'll go for the aisle; if it's only two, I'll choose window. It's good to be an elite member of Oneworld alliance - I could select seats I want on Cathay Pacific, American Airlines, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dennis,

    I haven't had the opportunity to travel longhaul yet, hopefully in the future...I envy your options though :)

    ReplyDelete