Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In the Maze : Jalan Sosrowijayan, Jogjakarta

Back in Jogja, I found Jln Sosrowijayan fascinating.

A maze of little alleys and dwellings, it was confusing at first - then by the next day I could find my way through and even the locals recognised me as I walked by a few times :)

I wish I had the time to sit longer, linger over a cup of coffee and watch them live their daily routines.

Where I booked to go to the temples.

Entrance to one of the gangs.

This is an internet cafe, nice modern French doors.

Community 'hush hours' - studying time.

Another entrance.

Lone sculpture.

Quaint little bookshop that I liked a lot.

One of the many losmen.

Budget rooms.


This is a kitchen set-up in one of the alleys.

Dead end.

I love the design, colour and texture of this chair.

Atap.

Mother with baby.

A very polite sign to remind you to be quiet after 10pm.

Another small gerbang - entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment