Monday, June 8, 2009

Have Map, Will Travel

I got myself a travel map last Saturday.

A map of the country so I can plan my backyard travels whenever I have free time.

Brings back memories of yesteryears when the Atlas was one of my favourite books. I enjoyed poring through them and identify the capitals of each country. That's where I learnt of Ulan Bator, Calcutta, Tierra del Fuego, Rio De Janeiro, Vladivostok  - very exotic names, I thought. I also learnt from the map, that Sabah looks the the head of a dog. Palawan like a dagger; Sulawesi a mirror-image of a K. And Italy, of course, looks like a boot. 

Well, map or no map, this girl will travel. 

Getting lost is part of the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Audmraz

    I discover this morning that you add Greenselipar in your sustainable living and travel list. Thank you very much. I chekc your blog to know more about you. I guess you are Malaysian but not quite sure. I found that you are a girl and that you travel and find nice "green" destinations in Malaysia. As Greenselipar is only a volunteer website (only me) I am looking for people like you to share their responsible travel experiences in Malaysia. Maybe you will be interested to contribute to Greenselipar. Please contact me at greenselipar@gmail.com
    best regards
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete