I've been away because .... my laptop is broken and I haven't got it fixed. *bad bad me*
Anyway, Sunday morning - happy days because Arsenal won last night yippee! So I was energised to go online (when I am supposed to be doing some work on this borrowed laptop actually, haha) and do some updating to this list.
Will have to get my laptop fixed soon!
Mabul. Sipadan. 15 dives to go before Sipadan.
Learn to cook the perfect nasi lemak. DROPPED. I cook freestyle, no fast rules so perfection is out.
Read all Bryson. Have read all his travel books and others.
Touch the stones of Borobudur
Touch the stones of Angkor Wat
Thaipusam at Batu Caves
8. Jason Mraz LIVE!
Run a (half) marathon. Have ran in two events (11K and 10K) so far.
12. Learn a foreign language.
13. Get rid of credit card debt.
Healthy Eating. Ongoing, with the occasional relapse :P
Get Fit. Ongoing, albeit rather slow, I have 1000 excuses sometimes.
Write a column. or a Book. I wrote a short advertorial and it came out in a magazine.
Read daily. 50 books in a year. Didn't really keep track last year, so I am re-starting a new count for 2010.
20. Learn to play the guitar - at least one song! My ukulele needs to be hugged.
London 2012. Didn't happen. Maybe next year. B/F to next list.
Sew something. I think this may be too ambitious? DROPPED. I tried. I have no talent.
23. Grow own vegetables.
24. Step foot in all Malaysian states. 1 left - Perlis!
25. Borneo overland trip. Done KK to Brunei via Lawas. Wanna do KK Kuching !
Go green - recycle. reduce. reuse. Trying.
Take one photograph a day. Some days more than one to make up for what I missed. Even if it's just my own face. Haha.
See Jason LIVE again. What I'd give for this!
BUCKET LIST PART DEUX
Up close and personal with endangered animals - Bornean elephant, orang utan and Sumatra rhinoceros. DONE, Christmas 2011.
Helicopter ride. DONE, Christmas 2011.
Float in the Dead Sea. DONE. July 2010.
Taj Mahal. DONE, July 2011.
Paragliding. DONE. Pokhara, August 2013.
Rock Climbing. Technically DONE, April 2013. But I need to do this again outdoors.
Open Water Diving Certification - DONE DONE DONE, yeay! So proud of myself! November 2013.
Palawan - DONE. July 2013.
Nepal - DONE. August 2013. I will be back, I know :) I left my heart there.
Turkiye. Istanbul. - DONE. Nov 2012
14. Kimchi country. Eat authentic bibimbap. (planning)
One foreign run. Singapore does not count, too near. Istanbul Marathon (category : 16km) Nov 2012.
A full marathon. A medal. A finisher tee - this almost killed me! :) DONE. PBIM 2012.
17. London. I'll throw in Dublin for Guinness.
Eat at a Michelin rated place - Tim Ho Wan, Hong Kong. July 2012.
Hot air balloon - Cappadocia, Turkey. Nov 2012.
NEW ADDITIONS 2013
1. Trail Run.
2. Sri Lanka; Ceylon; Serendip. Adam's Peak. Train ride. (planning)
3. Mount Fuji. (planning)
4. Train from BKK to CNX. (planning)
5. Amsterdam and happy herbs. Haha!
6. The North Face Run. At least one.
Batanes. DONE, September 2013. What an AWESOME place! Superstorm Usagi and a ride on c130 thrown in.
8. The Holy Land. Jerusalem.
9. River Cottage.
10. Sabbatical - 2 months backpacking Europe. Or anywhere, really. I'm opting for a flexible plan.
11. Fruit picking vacation ! Just for the fun of it.
12. Egypt. (why did I not have this on the list before?)
13. Machu Picchu. Galapagos. Christ The Redeemer. oh, too many places in South and Central America.
DREAMS 2014 - TRAVEL
2. Flores, Timor Leste.
3. Somewhere in China, not the cities.
4. Bhutan, Tibet.
5. Kolkata and onwards, India.
6. PEARL JAM CONCERT. Oh God, Eddie please come to Asia somewhere!
7. Trans-Siberian Railway. Mongolia. Beijing. Big dream this one.
8. Santiago de Compostela. yes.