Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Turkiye - an album. unsorted.

Finally.

Yes. I finally transferred some of my travel pictures from my camera. Another camera to go, maybe er, much later. I'm quite free for a while hence this post :)

Some of my favourite pictures, in no particular order. I don't know how to arrange the pictures anymore :p

Traditional Turkish Coffee at Ethem Tezcakar, Grand Bazaar. This was after spending hours happily getting lost in the market.

Fried mussels. So yummy! I love this stuff.

Beautiful mosaic in the AyaSofya. 

This is a super cat. Nuff said.

Pamukkale. Amidst the mist and steam. 

The medal was so big! I was so so tired after the run. 

The bestest Turkish delight - we tried quite a lot. Mhhhmmmmmm, I can imagine munching them now.. 

Up Up Up! Cappadocia was such an experience. 

I walked back to the Galata Bridge to eat this again - balik ekmek or fish sandwich. My last lunch in Istanbul.  

Tram on Istiklal Street - didn't manage to ride this. Too busy looking and watching. 

This sight greeted me every day as I return from the tram stop. Breathtaking.

New friends and fellow travellers, happy hour at Selcuk- Ben and Massimo from Milan, working in London. And Dave from New York. He escaped Sandy.

Selcuk morning - beautiful beautiful skies! 

Ilhara Valley - this place humbled me even more. 

4 comments:

  1. Very very very nice pics. No wonder they say Istanbul is the greatest city in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of going there this november.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Long time no see :D

      Thinking? Do go. It's a fascinating city Istanbul, and an intriguing country as a whole. Let me know if you go ya?

      Delete
    2. Hi! Long time no see :D

      Thinking? Do go. It's a fascinating city Istanbul, and an intriguing country as a whole. Let me know if you go ya?

      Delete