Sunday, May 23, 2010

TV : NatGeo's The Best Job In The World

Remember The Best Job In the World advertised by Tourism Queensland about a year ago? It attracted 35,000 applicants from all over the world, all vying for the $100,000 contract and an experience of a lifetime.

Well, as we all know the job went to Ben Southall from Hampshire, England - he has an impressive background and is certainly a deserving winner.

Credit : Ben Southall

I was cruising the channels this afternoon and caught the episode on NatGeo where Ben and girlfriend Bre arrive on Hamilton Island in July last year to start his 6 month stint as the island caretaker. I'm not sure if the series is a repeat or is just being shown because I usually don't watch NatGeo.

Wow, they get to stay in a very, very nice modern house overlooking the beautiful ocean, and have a golf buggy for transportation as there are no cars on the island.

The views are fantastic - bright and sunny, blue skies, white sandy beaches and so on so on. And I suddenly thought, 'Oh no, sunblock everyday!' :P I wonder how many bottles he will go through during his stint.

The only thing that I found was a bit of a turn-off was that they recorded and showed too much PDA between Ben and Bre. At one point I thought they looked like a giddy couple who just won a honeymoon package and can't keep their hands off each other. Haha!

Anyway, I will try to follow this series and enjoy the news and views of the beautiful Great Barrier Reef.

No comments:

Post a Comment